Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cooking with Lenora!!!

Hello bunnies and welcome to my kitchen!

I've been posting Cooking with Lenora segments on my Tumblr, but thought I'd go more in-depth today!

Today's instalment is extra special- with 100% more vintage lingerie!

Whatever shall we make today?

Today's dish is a sweet potato/mushroom/spinach/red onion curry pizza on a homemade gluten-free flax and garlic flat bread.

Today's outfit is a frilly pink vintage 1950s chiffon nightgown with matching robe. Today's apron is the same 50s pink chiffon number you've already seen ,but it matched my outfit too perfectly not to wear it again.

Today's cooking-companion cocktail is extra classy Jack n Ginger on the rocks, with cherries, served in a teacup-nothing says class like hard booze in a teacup. Vintage-sleaze naked lady cocktail pick for the cherries, of course.
Lets get started!!


sassy fatgirl in the kitchen-party time!


The flatbread-



I used Bulk-Barn’s gluten-free pizza dough flourmix , added ground flax, oregano, and lots of minced garlic.
One more photo of myself being domestic for good measure...

details-


2 ½ cups of flour mix
4 tbsp of ground flax
2 tsps each minched garlic, oregano and any other spices you’d like
Salt and pepper to taste.
4 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups milk.

Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix.






Get some dough on your face, and take a stupid picture. Very important.


Add to greased baking sheet. ( I covered my pan in tinfoil this time around, as this was the first time making this recipe, I didn’t want to ruin my new pans incase of failure )







Bake for 15 minutes while you prepare the topping for the pizza.

The sauce-


One small can tomato paste
2 tbsp. curry paste ( I used Patak’s extra spicy blend- you can use any curry blend you wish)
A few sprinkles of garlic powder , stir it up, et voila.



Once the flatbread is baked, smear on the sauce.

Toppings-
I used fresh baby spinach, chopped red onions, thinly sliced sweet potato, white mushrooms and a little sprinkle of grated parmesan( Not the powdery crap, the good stuff!)
I pealed and sliced the sweet potato and microwaved them for a minute or two between some paper towel, as well as the mushrooms before I added them to the pizza.





Assemble your delicious pizza masterpiece





Bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Drink your cocktail (or 2nd...or 3rd) while you're waiting.


Remove pizza from oven ( If you are tipsy by this stage ,please remember your oven mits...)

Slice and enjoy!!!



Stay tuned for more, folks. Hopefully Cooking with Lenora will be coming to YouTube soon!

Happy eating,

xo

Lenora





No comments: