A couple of you on Tumblr/Twitter were asking for garden updates, so I thought I would oblige!
I only felt inspired to take some photos after sun-set this evening, which took this little 'photoshoot' in a more home-decor direction rather than urban garden-centric.
Fresh mint is drying in the window tonight, hanging from binder clip, and coriander seeds are drying in a metal tea steeper. In our house hold, every day items have multiple uses, especially office supplies!
sweet snap peas, kale, oregano, hot peppers, purple peppers and climbing spinach are also abundant.
Particularly the spinach.
I am very surprised, we started this spinach from seeds back in late May, and in the last three weeks, it has exploded into a maze of twisting vines and thick leaves. We eat spinach almost every day in some way- it is wonderful! Climbing spinach is a bit thicker compared to regular spinach, and has a heartier, earthier flavor. Fantastic in stir fry or chopped in salads, quiches and feta & spinach pies.
How are your gardens growing?
I'll leave you with one of my favorite things in my kitchen...just because!!
xoxo
Lenora
No comments:
Post a Comment